Community Search
Sign In

Massage Therapy Administration Tranfer
Moderator(s):
Page 1 of 1
Thread Actions

2/2/2016 at 11:08:14 PM GMT
Massage Therapy Administration Tranfer

I'm posting this as an FYI... Are most of you with Massage Therapy Programs aware that Administration of Massage is being transferred from DSHS to TDLR on January 1st of 2017.

S.B. 202 of the 84th session Set up the transfer of several programs from DSHS to TDLR. There could be substantial rule changes. 

From what I can see most program coordinators or administrators are not aware on the change. This could  be a topic of interest at the next TACE conference.

Last edited Tuesday, February 2, 2016
4/13/2017 at 8:26:14 PM GMT
Just to keep everyone informed TDLR will complete the tranfer of Massage Therapy from DSHS to TDLR and go live on November 1st 2017.

5/19/2017 at 3:14:36 PM GMT
I went to a Senate Committee hearing yesterday 1/18/2017. TDLR put out a bill HB 4007, this bill will drop the TEA exemption for Colleges and it looks like TDLR is going to require College Massage Programs to go through the licensure process. HB 4007 has made it through the House and is now through the Senate Committee. May 29th is "Sine Die", the bill can still make it through the legislative process if it goes to "Local and Uncontested" Calendar. Just thought you would like to know.